From:
Bradley Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:24:01 EST
I had a problem like that with my system what I suggest to you is a few
things. First look at your track of air flow. In order to keep your temp down
you need to have a good air flow make sure you do not have a lot of cables in
the way. The system I built has a DVD-rom, CD-R drive, two hard drives and a
floppy, each had there own cable and IDE channel so that was a lot of
blockage in the way of the air flow. You also mentioned a front case fan but
not a rear case fan you might think about that, I also cut a hole in the side
of my case to put a fan above the CPU pulling air away from the CPU.
Something I would stay away from would be the PCI slot blowers they really do
not pull a lot of air around take up space and rarely are aimed in the right
direction to do any good. If you do have a front and rear fan make sure they
are working together and not both blowing in or out I have had to switch mine
around a few times till I found a good arraignment. The rear on mine is
pulling in and the front is blowing out which is backwards to the norm. Also
keep in mind that the core meltdown of the AMD chip is about 90 C so you are
not really in the red zone yet. Hope this helps.

Bradley marden

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml