From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:52:39 -0700
Jim;
have you reset the cmos on the motherboard?
usually this is done via a jumper near the coin type battery on the board.
also hook up just the hard drive without the cdrom
to eliminate any master/slave conflicts.
make sure the red stripe on the ribbon cable is closest to the power plug,
and lines up with #1 pin on the motherboard primary IDE header.
try another power lead from the powersupply if possible
Also remove any other cards from the mobo if they are present.
If the original drive is an older drive you may have to enter the drive
parameters manually.
You say the drive is "running and clicking"
running - good, clicking - bad.
Clicking usually indicates a drive that has died.
<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho