From:
Matthew Wulfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:39:15 -0700
Hi
This P55TVP4 rev 1.3 mobo, regardless of fsb or which memory installed
hangs during
"initializing PNP cards"

Depending on the FSB, it may hang part way through displaying the words.
This occurs even with all but the video car removed and no drives connected.
It occurs with any memory modules configed, 1 SDRAM 32 cas2 and/or pair
EDO 16's 60ns
Regretably I only have one PCI video card... occurs regardless of which
slot.

Currently, it has a K6-233 running at 200 .  This one is a 3.3v on both
planes so have single plane selected in jumpers.

This system came back from a family member as flakey but ran
consistently and stably for around a month before I borrowed the CDROM
from it for an afternoon.  Problem appeared after reconnecting ( had
been off in interim)

Bios is current
CMOS has been cleared, repeatedly.
AT Power supply is happily producing 12.5v and 5.3v

What am I looking at?  Suggestion how to correct it?

Thanks,
Matthew

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com