From:
Robin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:57:46 -0500
Marv & Brian --

Thanks for trying to help. One PC connected to the DSL modem goes just fine
to the internet. If I insert the router between the PC and the DSL modem I
cannot get to the router's web-based configuration utility. So I can't set
the router's MAC address to be the same as the MAC address of the NIC in the
PC. I can't get that far. I understand why that may be necessary. TCP/IP is
working properly. NETBUI is installed. I know file and print sharing has to
be turned on and I know how to set up shares. I'm not even worried about the
2 PCs seeing each other. Right now I just want to get one working with the
router.

Brian, the Linksys tech had me disabled DHCP and assign the PC a static IP.
Didn't work. Still couldn't get to the router.

Is there some trick that I'm missing to get to the router's configuration?

Robin

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com