Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:52:01 -0800
I feel your pain Robin. I just had my router go out and have been going
through the same thing. In your post I saw no mention of your TCPIP
settings. Assuming you have the router,hub and clients correctly physically
attached then do  the following:
 You need to have your clients config for a default gateway (router
address). Make sure that optain an Ip address automatically is checked.
Verify all of your other required settings such as DNS\WINS etccc.... (Your
Tech Support for the router  should be able to verify these) Also in your
browser you should check under Tools\Internet Options\Connections\Lan
Settings that there are no checkmarks for proxy settings etc.....
If all is well then go to network neighborhood and see if the switch side of
the router is working. You will know when you can physically see the other
computers on your network. If you can see the clients then try pinging each
ip address. To get these go to a dos prompt and type winipcfg /all. (Win98SE
I assume?) IF you can successfully ping each client both ways then try to
ping the default gateway. If this is good then try pinging www.yahoo.com. If
this fails then try using tracert (address or ip address) from the dos
prompt. This will tell you how far your packet request goes if it makes it
to the 1st hop ( default gateway) and then is unsuccesful from that point on
then either your router is bad or the provider has a problem internally with
one of their routers .
Hope this helps
Barry Clark
MCSE