From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 12:35:55 -0700
Paul,

Though LCD's are inherently digital, CRT's are analog.  Since CRT's are
still the biggest market, given their cost compared to LCD's, analog output
video cards are still the rule.  Most LCD's include circuitry to reconvert
the analog signals back to digital.  If your prospective card will accept
only a digital signal, you would need a video card without the RAMDAC
converter, e.g. it passes the computer's digital signal directly to the
monitor without conversion to analog.  You need to look for a card that
supports DVI-D, Digital Video Interface for Digital.

Since I have not used them, I don't have any recommendation, but have seen
DVI support on some of the higher end cards.  I don't know if you can get
basic ones, but if so, they might be cheaper given the reduced circuitry.

Good luck,
Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing
Glendale, AZ