From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:17:24 -0400
Thanks for all your replies.  I just realized that on most of
these PCs there is a security program called Fortres 101
installed.  It prevents students from accessing the Start menu,
My Computer,  Network Neighborhood, moving icons, installing
software...etc.

I feel foolish that I didn't realize this sooner.  Even when
Fortres is disabled though, Ctrl+Alt+Del still reboots the pc on
SOME PCs (not all) notably AT-style PCs.  That's what threw me.
So it must prevent the user from being able to end task even when
disabled.

Thanks again,
Dan