From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:26:08 -0700
Tomas missed the important point in David's statement. The reason that a
cluster size increases as disk size increases is that the number of clusters
permitted is limited. Under FAT16, the limit is relatively low. Going to
FAT32 greatly increases the number of clusters permitted, hence the cluster
size can remain small even for a large partition.

As David also noted, NTFS uses a more advanced directory structure where
cluster size is not even an issue.

Peter Shkabara
http://gocolumbia.org/pesh <http://gocolumbia.org/shkabarap>