From:
Ethan Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:11:24 -0500
On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:14:02 -0500, Ed Bogert <[log in to unmask]> posted
article <[log in to unmask]>, which said:

> I recently received an E-mail with attachments that were in what they
> called "mime format.  Needlessly to say I could not view these
> attachments.  The text portion was readable but the attachments were in
> some unknown language or gobbledegook.  What am I missing?

It could be that whoever sent you the message did something wrong.  I can't
imagine the MSN software doing something outside the MIME attachment
protocols.  America Online does "understand" MIME attachments.  I just
tested it on my own AOL account.  Or might I ask which version of AOL you're
using?  I know that AOL 5.0 and AOL 6.0 can handle MIME.

I'll send you an image of the Packard Bell "face" logo using a MIME
attachment.  It's only 14K and it should help you decide if something wrong
on your end or the other person's end.

Damaeus

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com