From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:30:37 -0400
I replaced an Asus P3v4X with a Tyan Trinity 400 S1854 mobo because the Asus passed away.  On first boot it immediately installed doubles of almost everything.  In safe mode, device manager, hard disk controllers, I have two primary IDE and two secondary IDE channels (in Windows it only shows one of each).  I have tried to delete them so that Windows could correctly reinstall one of each, but when I highlight any of them and click remove, I get the message that I have to delete the parent device to get rid of them.  It does not tell me what the parent device is. Does anyone know what the parent device is?  In the meantime, I cannot be sure when or if the computer will boot into windows, since it mostly boots into safe mode.  How can I get rid of the two primaries and two secondaries?  Thanks, Joe Marty.