From:
"Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:26:12 EDT
I have read a couple of posts lately in which some of you are having the same
problems as I am having.  And if I remember correctly one of you even had a
CTX laptop.  Some have stated that the possibilities are a bad keyboard,
display driver outdated, or a heat problem.  I have an old CTX 700E series
EZBook that I really love.   It is an AMD 300 with 64 MB of Ram.  At times my
mouse freezes up, my touchpad doesn't work, and neither does my keyboard.
Today my mouse not only froze up, it disappeared from the screen.  Most of
the time the freezing up happens when I am online and have been online for a
few minutes.  However, at times, everything freezes up when I have my laptop
on for only 30 minutes.   I downloaded an update for my display.  That didn't
help at all.   I was told my CTX that another fan could not be installed in
it either, if it is a heat problem.  I was about to purchase more ram to
boost it up to 128, but I want to be sure that I don't have some serious
issues going on before spending any money on it.  I mainly use it for surfing
the internet and email and it is just fine for that.  I just want to fix
whatever is wrong with it without spending a lot of money.  I noticed on Ebay
that there were parts for the CTX laptop.  I have also found additional ram
at the Crucial site.  Anything purchased from CTX as this point is WAY too
expensive.  As always, any more suggestions/advice that you could give me to
my "freezing up" problems would be greatly appreciated.  I have had it on
today at work for about 6 hours.  It has frozen up on me at least 6 times.
The only way to unfreeze it is to turn the power off each time.  Control,
Alt, Delete does not work at all.  I really don't want to purchase another
laptop since I mainly use it when I travel.

Thank you,
Susan Hays

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com