C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:06:19 -0800
On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Kathy Pink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a thirty year old.  My county has a program
> called Commission On Aging.  They provide meals
> and other activities for the elderly.  Whenever
> there is a good meal, I feel that I am forced to
> go.  This is one reason that I would like to move
> out to a place like Cornerstone.  I would like
> some input on how you would feel if you were me
> about this.  I want to be independent.

Hello Kathy,

One of the first things I learned when I moved out on my own (Over 20
years ago now) was that one can force me to do anything I don't want
to do!!  So you might think about that the next time you feel you are
being forced to do something.  You are very much an adult now, but
there will always be those who will try and make you feel other wise.
I think you will find the more you are able to say no to those others
say you should do, the more you will grow into the person you want to
be.

So hang in there Kathy!!  I think you're gonna do just fine for your
self!!

See ya-Gary