C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:16:38 -0500
A man walks into a restaurant with an ostrich behind him, and
  as he sits, the waitress comes over and asks for their order.
  The man says,"I'll have a hamburger, fries and a coke," and
  turns to the ostrich. "What's yours?"

  "I'll have the same,"  says the ostrich.

  A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That
  will be $6.40 please," and the man reaches into his pocket and
  pulls out exact change for payment.

  The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man
  says, "I'll have a hamburger, fries and a coke," and the
  ostrich says, "I'll have the same." Once again the man reaches
  into his pocket and pays with exact change.

  This becomes a routine until late one evening, the two enter
  again. "The usual?" asks the waitress. "No, this is Friday
  night, so I will have a steak, baked potato and salad," says
  the man.

  "Same for me," says the ostrich. A short time later the
  waitress comes with the order and says, "That will be $12.62."
  Once again the man pulls exact change out of his pocket and
  places it on the table.

  The waitress can't hold back her curiosity any longer. "Excuse
  me, sir. How do you manage to always come up with the exact
  change out of your pocket every time?"
  "Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the
  attic and I found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie
  appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I
  ever had to pay for anything, just put my hand in my pocket,
  and the right amount of money would always be there."

  "That's brilliant!" says the waitress. "Most people would wish
  for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as
  rich as you want for as long as you live!"

  "That's right!  Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce,
  the exact money is always there," says the man.

  The waitress asks, "One other thing, sir, what's with the
  ostrich?"

  The man replies, "My second wish was for a chick with long
  legs.