C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:57:14 +0800
Saw this on another list, thought it might be something that some
people on here might like to know about.

Rayna

I'm sharing with you all a writer's query about a book project.
Perhaps, you  can circulate it and see what we can come up with.  You
don't have to send a  long litany of stories at this point.  I'm just
collecting the leads for her.

Respond to [log in to unmask] for now.  I'll forward it.

Thanks!  Happy New Year!!!!

I'm loathe to crash lists. I've thought long & hard about this project
so here's my idea

-Tommye

My plan is to publish a collection of 2000 word essays by parents with
disabilities
(cross-disability I'm thinking physical and sensory disability, for
example:  upper extremity Amputee, lower extremity Amputee, Chronic
Fatigue Syndrome,Visually impaired, Hearing impaired, Multiple
Sclerosis, Post-polio, Spina Bifida, Stroke Survivor, Wheelchair-user)

(This is a preliminary "for example" list.  I'm open to the hearing what
I've forgotten).

The essays would be responding to the same two questions:  "1) What most
concerned you when you first decided you would become a parent with
disability? OR When you became disabled, what did you think would be the
biggest problem? and  2) Once you had the child, OR Once you began
parenting
again (this time as a parent with disability) what was the biggest
problem you faced and how did you resolve it?