C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:57:38 +0800
Thankfully I'm across the other side of the country, here in Perth,
Bobby.  The bulk of the fires are in Sydney at the moment, it's been
really bad, going on for 10 days now, and it doesn't look good, the
weather forecast is v. hot and dry for the next few days.  A couple of
my aunts live in Sydney, I haven't heard anything, so I am assuming
they are ok.  Bush fires are such a danger here in Australia, and the
worst thing is, a lot of these current ones are being set by
arsonists.  Just heard on the news that a 12/13 year old girl was
caught lighting one.  Many people are losing their homes and all their
possesions.   I wish it wasn't bad enough that you have it on the news
in the US.  Apparently two ELVIS helicopters are being flown over from
the US as we speak, they can dump very large amounts of water, hope
that puts a dent in it.  Firies are been sent in to Sydney from all
over Aus, a lot of whom would have gone to New York in September.  It
really p***** me off that these fires have been deliberately lit.  The
stupidity and cruelty of some people really is horrific.  A lot of the
people affected would have been farmers, and their livelihoods
destroyed.

Sorry to ramble guys, this just really upsets me.

Rayna