C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:26:15 -0500
Anthony,
You are learning the reason why good OT (or a lot of determination in your
case)is so important.  Teaching skills, and being more independent (even if
it is just learning how to direct ones care)above all else improves a person
self-esteem and teaches them to get out of the learned helpless mode.  The
essence of therapeutic occupation is that we are healthy if engaged in
meaningful activities. Here's to more discovery.

Beth the OT
Tootin' her own horn and wishing everyone a Very Merry New Year!