C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:27:52 EST
Betty, Amen! I hear you, loud n clear...

You're inspiring to me, and I am not easily inspired.

Taking my power back, sometimes means I have to fire people who try to tell
me how to run my life. It's not something I enjoy, but sometimes it's
nessacary -- for me...  It may not be overt, but if they constantly tell me
how they'd like me to do something, (turn my fan off when I'm not in the
room, and they turn it off 4 times) it causes problems, because you know, I
am a fully grown woman, it's my house, my bills, and they're not anybody's
business. So, power is a tough thing.
and Betty, I totally get you. I can't get involved with every protest, but I
do my activism every day.

Mag