C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:34:51 EST
I keep thinking about this Sutton thing.  As I understand, he doesn't believe
that the ADA belongs at the federal level, right?  He believes that this is
not in line with the Constitution, rather this should be governed by
individual states.

Have I got a grip on this so far?  If so, is there a possibility that the ADA
really should be a state concern rather than a federal concern?  If so, how
does that affect the Civil Rights Act of 1964?  Would that not fall into the
same category?

I'm playing the devil's advocate; I realize that.  I am wondering about the
basis for his argument.  What's his legal foundation?

Comments, thoughts, whatever?

Betty

In a message dated 11/14/2001 7:03:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Kathy. It's primarily an info list for advocates of disability issues,
>  such as the Sutton nomination for the Circuit Court, and the Miccasa
>  legislation.
>  Mike

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam