C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:08:36 +0100
On Friday 31 Aug 2001 2:09 pm, Cleveland, Kyle E. wrote:
> <snip>
> and we don't want me to be just bedridden for two months.
>

> Dig that!  I'm wondering if some of the folks on the list who walk
> less than you and I might offer a suggestion or two?

Buy a laptop computer!!!

I joke not. 2 years ago work bought me one, but decided to get one of
these fully ruggedised, Magnesium alloy, stuffed with shock absorbing
gel, for obvious reasons. This bozo weighs nearly nine pounds but is
guaranteed to survive a 1 metre fall onto concrete (which it has -
several times!!) I found out subsequently that my colleagues were
running a book on how long it would last.

Anyway, always carrying that weight has affected my gait. I'm far
less on the balls of my feet, and the shooting pain I was starting to
get whenever I took the weight off my feet seems to have subsided.

The wonders of modern technology! !

Cheers

Deri