C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:49:38 EST
In a message dated 1/30/2002 10:08:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> yeah...I can see that, Betty.  <g>

I freguently left my teachers and parents in dispair.  The thing about my
teachers is that I now love the ones who were the most strict.

Miss Stebbins will go down in my personal history.  I wonder if her other
students got this about her in their adult years.  I hope so.  She never
married, and lived at the school her entire life.  She completely devoted her
life to her students.   She was hard too.  There was no corporal punishment,
but she could kill you with a look.

All of that saved me though.  Really Kyle, can you see me out there in the
world without some serious rules having been crammed down my throat from an
early age?
She was exactly who I needed.  How's that again...that thing about raising a
child in the way that he should go (she asked, rhetorically)?  Piaget only
defined the how of it.

Not that the 'how' wouldn't have been useful knowledge, had it been applied
throughout history.  We might well have been spared Pee Wee Herman.