VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:42:55 -0500
Good evening everybody:
I recently discussed that trace are no longer converting PDF files to
documents (see below) and when i accessed the link in the following this
service didn't appear to be available either.

Does anyone know of a current PDF to text translation service.  Please see
below.

Thanks.

DOREEN YALE.

Both Adobe and Trace are working on new PDF translation
services for the future.  It will be awhile however
before they are available.  In the meantime, Trace will
not be hosting the older Adobe translator that we were
before.

However, Adobe continues to offer translation services
that convert Adobe PDF documents to text or HTML format.

Simply attach your Adobe PDF document to an email message
and send it to

for plain text), or to
for HTML).

Their converter will email back the translation of the PDF file.

For more information about Adobe's conversion service,
go to their web page at

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_email.html