VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 20:50:35 -0500
there is a third way for Dr. Ron Milliman of Bowling Green, Kentucky.  It
is called a vicug.  Blind people can cooperatively work together, support
each other, and rally under the banner of technology access and
empowerment.  Many of us are doing it now.  Here's  a story  that speaks
to many of  the reasons why  many of us have chosen to form vicugs rather
than be part of national blindness organizations.  Information access
comes in all forms, but apparently some wish to keep certain kinds of
information bottled up.

Kelly