VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:49:17 -0500
Hi to everyone:

Task Scheduler, which i'm informed is ready;
Jaws for Windows, which I've elected to run from the system tray as opposed
to the task bar;
Norton Anti-Virus auto protect, which I'm informed is enabled,
Winamp Agent;
Volume;
Speed up your computer;
MsN Messenger Service, not logged on;
SB Live A400.

Looking at the properties of my computer I see that I only have 49% of
resources free, which seems on the low side.

For those who've advised the removal of items from the start up tab in the
Msconfig.exe file, the items in this utility don't match very closely the
items in the system tray.  I don't know what they all mean, but there is one
to do with my scanner lamp, power profiles and such, though JAWS is there,
and Norton is there.  There are twenty items altogether in thie Msconfig.exe
start up tab, eight in my system tray.

I would appreciate any further thoughts that people might have.

Best regards,

DOREEN YALE.