VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amy Ruell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Ruell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:14:14 -0500
I have been asked to post this information!!!
AzTeC Free-Net, Arizona's only no cost, community based, free internet
access provider has only been open for Arizona membership since it started 5
1/2 years ago.  At the last Board of Directors meeting a proposal was
approved to open up membership to anyone.  In particular,  they asked me to
contact the various associations and organizations which help visually
impaired people.  We wanted to get the word out first to those people who
could benefit most from our text only interface.

In fact, Rick Lewis, the leader of our helpdesk volunteer team is blind and
uses a Braille screen converter to use AzTeC.

I  wanted to let you know that we were know open to worldwide membership so
that you can notify your members and constituents.

We can be reached via telnet at telnet aztec2.asu.edu on the web at
http://aztec.asu.edu/ or by direct dial-up at 480-965-6699

Help for out of state members is only available via e-mail to

There is an information page at http://members.tripod.com/bjs/aztec.html

Thank you

Bill Austin , President, AzTeC Computing Free-Net  http://aztec.asu.edu/
http://www.lifestorywriting.com/  http://home.att.net/~wbaustin/