VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Gallik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Gallik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:49:39 -0600
    All,

Just FYI, this "BCC" field also has a somewhat sinister use  within
corporate America (if not
other nations as well).  There times when support personnel or
co-workers are
requested for services or actions via e-mail.  And there are times that
when a person has made several
requests for the same service that one final e-mailing will go out to
the person to whom the request is
being made with the requester's manager included in the "blind carbon
copy" field.
The idea is that the person making the request is letting his/her
manager know that the lack of action is somebody else's fault and
that they have made more than reasonable to make the request.

People have lost their jobs because of their lack of response to such
requests.

Bill Gallik