RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:29:25 EST
Dear Carol,

Thanks for your message.   It's true that I've never experimented with a raw
diet that includes animal products.

In fact, when I became a vegan   (strictly for health reasons) I quickly
realized that if I didn't need to eat animals to be healthy --   and after
nearly 17 years without them I'm pretty sure about that -- I didn't have any
right to.   I am a complete vegan now, and do not knowingly use animal
products of any kind, including wool, silk, or anything else.    And I see no
reason to consider anything different.

There is nothing that we can get from animal products that we cannot get
without them -- except cancer, heart disease, gout, etc.   T. Colin Campbell
of the China Study says that his research shows that even small amounts of
animal products added to the diet dramatically increase rates of cancer and
heart disease.

We do not share the physiological adaptations shared by carnivores or
omnivores, and I've seen no evidence that eating animal products is either
necessary or beneficial.

You make a very good point, ie, that in my sticking to the raw vegan diet, I
am, perhaps, incorrectly assuming that it is the best that there is.   The
diet that I recommend is supported by all the science and all the logic that
I can find.   Our physiology is virtually identical to the frugivorous
anthropoid primates, and all logic (and the Law of the Similars) says that
this indicates an identical diet.

There are many diets that I have not tried -- Atkins, blood type, etc. -- and
I have no interest in trying them.   I will not be eating raw animals anytime
soon either.

All the best to you, Carol, on your chosen path.   The key is to listen to
your own intuition and do what feels right to you.

Namaste,

Loren