Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:59:39 -0700
Group,
In regards to the problem I am having with these TV capture cards please
read the cut and paste of the original email to ATI tech support. I would
like to know if anyone else is using either the 7500 or 8500DV and are
experiencing these same problems. (Sorry for the length, but to understand
what the situation is the cut and pastes are essential.

TIA

Barry Clark
MCSE

(start of cut and paste)

(My 2nd email message to  ATI TECH SUPPORT)
 The affected area I am referring to only is the ATI TV APPLET itself.
The rolling horizontal lines do not extend beyond the boundaries of the
 ATI TV Display Applet.
 To prove to myself that this is your issue and not mine I will take out
this card
 and install it on someother computer system using a different location and
television digital
source. If this same problem shows up again then you have a problem.
(I did this and the results are the same : Rolling Horizontal Lines!)

I have had nothing but problems and disappointments with both cards.
In regards to the 7500 reissue from repair facility you made no mention of
the defect this card is exhibiting concerning continually loosing its video
sync.... I suggest you re-read my original email (pasted below) that you
replied to and get familiar again with the issues I have presented and
address them all.

Paste of Original EMAIL!!

I just recieved back my all in wonder Radeon7500 from your NY repair
facility. I was given a replacement for the original one sent in.
Unfortunately there seems to be a problem w this card. I installed and
loaded the software. It seemed to work OK. However, after about 30 minutes
or so the video sync is lost and I have to do a hard reboot in order to get
the video signal from the card back. This is a continuous thing and the
pattern repeats itself.
To ensure the card is the issue I replaced said radeon 7500 w my ATI Rage
Pro 128 card and viola no problems. My system is now stable again.

I will try to install this WONDERFUL card into another system BUT if the
same problem transfers to this system which currently has no video sync or
stability issues then again this is your problem.
( I did this and same result: CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???????} : o (

Thinking that just maybe I got a lemon I went out and purchased another one
of your cards except this time I got the 8500 DV and the price is no bargain
to be sure.
I am having a problem with continuous rolling horizontal lines on the 8500
DV.
The audio seems to be fine and the only thing wrong is the HORIZONTAL
ROLLING LINES>
 This is noticeable in both viewing and recording mode. And yes the lines
are recorded.
 I changed out composite video cables, and sources (exchanged the output
source which was
digital cable box for output side of the TV) but the same problem exists. I
might add that this malady is not present in the TV/monitor. It only is seen
when I am using the 8500DV card and watching the output from the source on
my Computer Monitor.  I have changed and altered all of my display functions
to no avail. I am using Win98 and until now I have had a trouble free
display.
 I have already searched your support FAQ and technical issues but have seen
no reference to this issue.
Would you please research this and see if there is any known issues w these
rolling horizontal lines and the 8500DV? I can't capture anything w these
lines prevailing., The quality is degraded badly and not worth it. In fact
without resolving this issue your 8500 is basically useless to me. And I
can't use the 7500 either with the constant
loss of video signal.

End of Paste

As you can see it hasn't been fun lately. Please advise if you know what I
should do to correct these issues.

Barry Clark
MCSE