From:
Julie Scorer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:15:26 +0000
Hi
I wiped Windows95 (by reformatting my HD) from my Pentium 150 and tried to
clean install Windows98se straight from the CD. Everything went well until
the message "Starting Windows for the first time", then I got
a box "Please wait while Windows builds a driver information database". The
progress meter went all the way to 100% and disappeared, then the screen
froze.
Nothing except an arrow on a green background.
I reformatted, then copied Win98 on to my HD and tried again. Same problem
and at exactly the same place.
I don't have a NIC, software modem, scanner or anything
like that installed, just video and sound card. Anyway
Device Manager in Safe Mode doesn't show any problems.
What do I have to do to complete the installation?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Julie