Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:03:30 -0400
For the past few months I've been "re-purposing" some Fujitsu Stylistic 1000 Tablet PCs for a specific application that runs in DOS.  The app requires a second serial port which I've been adding with PCMCIA cards.  The cheapest cards I've found that ship with true DOS drivers are by Silicom.  But, from time to time I can get ahold of Eiger Labs cards for about half the price of the Silicoms.  Trouble is I cannot get the Eiger cards recognized under DOS.  No problem running in a DOS box under Windows, but I'd prefer operation under true DOS.  I've tried both the Cardsoft enablers and drivers and the PCM support files that ship with PCDOS2k.  I've only been able to get the card accurately recognized when using the PCDOS stuff (and not the Cardsoft wares) but yet still can communicate with the serial I/O.  Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Ian Carmichael
NYC

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml