NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:38:25 EST
Nancy wrote:  he has asthma and I am sure I did NOT help
him by giving a dairy challenge...but I didn't know better, and now I do so
I am trying to forgive myself LOL....

Nancy I just want to say I went through the same thing when my son was
little.  He has both a milk allergy and asthma.  Looking back my son was treated for
acute asthma episodes when it was really an allergic reaction.  We are very
lucky to have him with us today.  I didn't know any better either.  I did the
best I knew how to do with the information I had.  That is all we can expect
from ourselves.  What helped James heath the most was getting his asthma under
control.  Then we were able to know what was an allergic reaction.  Of course
you need to follow your Dr's orders, but I wouldn't try another milk challenge
until you are sure his asthma is controlled.  Research the ingredients in the
meds for milk products and know that it may take a few tries to find the right
combination for your son.

E.J.