NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
diana mains-welte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:01:46 -0700
Jordan is doing wonderful these days.    Face clear.   No stomach problems.  No itching.   She really watches her food labels and we arent buying dairy here unless we know she wont be home for a while.  We cook so she can eat.  And watch our cookware for cross contamination.    Your list is such a great help and we appreciate it.   Jordan is graduating from the Univ of Ky in May 2004 with a degree in Biotechnology and is now choosing a graduate school.   She plans to specialize in Genetic/DNA Forensics and is looking to a possible career with the FBI.

I do have a question in regards to the July 7th/8th digest.   There were several comments about an autoimmune reaction to casein in dairy.    Jordan's physician at Student Services at UK (really the whole staff)  has been remarkably receptive to her problems but are as much in the dark as we were initially.  It just isnt their area of expertise, but they record everything with her that they find or that she tells them and have passed that along to other patients and applied it to other diagnosis.    Could you go into more depth on the details of an autoimmune reaction to casein..  I would appreciate it as some of the website details are out of my realm of expertise.

Thank you all so much.
Diana Welte in Ky