NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loveeles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:02:48 -0700
 Hi Judith,

I take acid reducers daily because I have a hiatal hernia resulting in GERD
(gastroesophageal  reflux disease - talk about a mouthful!).  Anyway, the
name of the actual medicine is ranitidine.  I purchase this over the counter
from Costco because they have it at the best price but I'm sure you can find
it at any drugstore.  As far as the commercial names like Tagamet, Axid, etc
..  I'm not sure which ones contain ranitidine so you would have to read the
packaging.  I'm also lactose intolerant and have not had any trouble with
this medication.

Best of Luck!

Debby