C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:57:09 EST
Hi,
Deb- I have tried many alternative treatments in the past- craniosacral
therapy, which worked for a little while, but is not covered by insurance,
I take long baths/showers on a regukar basis. Acupuncture hindered rather
than helped me, as did chiropractic care. MY SISTER HAS HER DEGREE IN
MUSIC THERAPY, AND I DO FIND IT HELPFUL, TO SOME DEGREE.

I have found a pain clinic in Toronto whose philosophy I like (though I
have only read their webpage), and have written to them. I am going to
continue to see about intrathecal therapy, as my physiatrist in Ottawa
thinks it will be the best way for me to have pain medications
administered, even if not baclofen. I will probably need to go to Toronto
or Montreal for this.

And thank you Kyle for your website. It was very helpful.

PS For Muriel-- I now know why my physiatrist in London will not go
anywhere near my piriformis (which your sciatic nerve passes through) when
giving trigger point injections. NERVE PAIN HURTS, AND SHE HAS TOLD ME IN
THE PAST THAT PUTTING A NEEDLE IN A SENSORY NERVE ROOT, AS THIS
NEUROLOGIST DID, COULD CAUSE LASTING DAMAGE.

Jenn