C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:00:09 EST
In a message dated 1/24/2002 8:58:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> We've had John Callahan's "Quads" here on the telly for several weeks
> now, and there's a line in the theme song that always makes me think
> of you, Betty - "without a leg to stand on, I still manage to kick
> ass!" ;-) (love that show - but I missed this weeks episode, got
> distracted by the Golden Globes on another channel, spent the entire
> show trying to figure out who the Hollywood Foreign Press were, and
> why every recipient was required to thank them.)
> And as my old therapist was fond of saying to me, "homicidal urges are
> better than suicidal urges...."
>
> Rayna

Oh Rayna, you are so good for me.  That's the highest honor anyone could pay
me, to remember that I'm kick ass about this.  That's the only thing I care
about people remembering about me.  They can just put "Human Being" on my
tombstone, so long as people who are important to me remember that stuff.

As international acclaim goes, you can't beat this with a stick.

I like your old therapist.  Maybe there is hope for that industry yet.  I'll
tell you what thuogh, my partner, Al, from my occupational safety and health
days, could have told you that for free.  That whole "homocide is better than
suicide" thing was our guiding motto.

Of course, it usually came up in conversations about our mothers-in-law.
Boy, was he pissed when mine died first.  He called me a name, yes he did,
indeed he did.  He called me the B name.  I laughted right at him too.  "HA!"
 And why?

Because I won, that's why.

Why I'm disabled now could be from that woman's curse for all I know.  Oh no.
 I'm starting to talk like Sipowitz.  I gotta stop watching NYPD Blue all the
time.