C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:15:59 -0500
Apparently I like sending blank messages to the list serv.  So sorry.  It's
now listed below.

Beth T. the OT

Subject: IDEA comments

Can't remeber if I forwarded this to the list or not.  Feel free to forward
to other lists and interested parties.

Beth T. the OT

PUBLIC COMMENT ON IDEA

The Secretary of Education invites written comments from the public on
IDEA - Individuals with Disabilities Education Act -  to assist the
Department in preparing for reauthorization of the Act in 2002. In order
to ensure that your comments are considered by the Department in
preparing its legislative proposal on IDEA, you must submit the comments
before FEBRUARY 25, 2002.

A copy of the full request for comments is available at:

http://www.ed.gov/legislation/FedRegister/other/2002-1/011002c.html

A copy of the proposal on IDEA is available at:

http://www.ed.gov/legislation/FedRegister/proprule/2002-1/011002a.html

All comments concerning the reauthorization of IDEA should be addressed
to:

Thomas Irvin
Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
U.S. Department of Education

Submit by one of the following methods:

1. Internet-

Send your comments to: [log in to unmask]

You must use the term IDEA Reauthorization in the subject line of your
electronic message.

2. Surface Mail-- You may submit your comments via surface mail to:

Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW.
Mary E. Switzer Building, Room 3086
Washington, DC 20202-2570

To ensure that there are no duplicate copies of comments, you are asked
to submit comments only one time-using one of the two methods described
in the preceding paragraphs.