C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:18:41 -0500
Kathy Jo:

1) How do they force you?  I mean, you could always say "no," couldn't you?
That's not so hard, is it?

2) If this is your family forcing you to go, why not let them know how you
feel?  It's natural to feel like you want to be with people your own age.
Are there any local social or recreational programs for disabled young
adults?  I certainly don't live in the most urban or sophisticated area in
the world, yet the county has lots of recreational programs for disabled
adults and they do not include meals with elderly folks.  There are separate
programs for them.  I don't participate in any of this, but I do read the
local paper and get flyers in the post.  Is there a Parks and Recreations
Department in your area you could contact for information?

        Kat