C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:25:53 EST
In a message dated 1/12/2002 4:51:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Sarcasm noted and seconded, Betty. It's always so reassuring that
> society never falls in its self-imposed duty to remind those of us who
> are at risk of deluding ourselves into thinking our lives have worth
> and meaning, that we are in there exalted opinion, wrong  (does that
> make sense, it's hot and muggy here and I'm tired and cranky, so it
> might not), mutter, mutter....  Who do I sue for having to live in a
> world that deprives me and others like me the supports necessary to
> live a full and worthwile existence?  (Although, sod them all, I'm
> going to live a good life no matter how difficult they make things, so
> there!) Who do I sue for the distress and anger brought on by living
> in a world full of stupid bigots?  (yes I know I'm ranting...)
> Sooooooo nice to know that my life is worth less than the average
> wife-beating, child-abusing, stupid, bigoted slob.  So nice to know
> that what ever else I may do or be, that all the simply fabulous and
> marvelous things about me are cancelled out by the fact my body don't
> do what everyone thinks it should.  (more muttering....)  Glad to know
> the world has its priorities straight.

Rayna, this is not the first time I have been astounded by your seemingly
magical talent for expressing precisely what I am feeling.  I don't doubt
that mathmatical probability accounts for this, but it's more fun to think
that...

you might even be levitating the birds outside of my window ;-)

Betty