C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:58:30 +0800
Sarcasm noted and seconded, Betty.  It's always so reassuring that
society never falls in its self-imposed duty to remind those of us who
are at risk of deluding ourselves into thinking our lives have worth
and meaning, that we are in there exalted opinion, wrong  (does that
make sense, it's hot and muggy here and I'm tired and cranky, so it
might not), mutter, mutter....  Who do I sue for having to live in a
world that deprives me and others like me the supports necessary to
live a full and worthwile existence?  (Although, sod them all, I'm
going to live a good life no matter how difficult they make things, so
there!) Who do I sue for the distress and anger brought on by living
in a world full of stupid bigots?  (yes I know I'm ranting...)
Sooooooo nice to know that my life is worth less than the average
wife-beating, child-abusing, stupid, bigoted slob.  So nice to know
that what ever else I may do or be, that all the simply fabulous and
marvelous things about me are cancelled out by the fact my body don't
do what everyone thinks it should.  (more muttering....)  Glad to know
the world has its priorities straight.

btw, have an doozy of a story to tell when I have the energy about the
git of a shop assistant that I ran into (unfortunately not literally)
on Monday.  In nearly a decade of using my scooter in public this is
the first time *this* has happened.  Stay tuned folks!

Rayna