C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:31:01 -0600
Friends,

I know that I'm 24 years old so I shouldn't be so happy and excited about
this.  However for Christmas I asked my parents for a new front loading
washer and dryer so I can wash my clothes independently instead of telling
somebody to and they don't do it in the end, which has happened sometimes.
They did get me one and yesterday I had it installed and it works wonders
for me.  I know it costs greatly for some people but however I would suggest
getting one because people in wheelchairs can wash clothes, and honestly I
feel a lot better about myself knowing I have the ability to clean my own
things.  2001 was an exciting and wonderful year, it was the year I did
realize I could be more independent!  Tomorrow is a new year and a beginning
of a new phase of my Independent Living Program with newer excitement and
developments, I would love everybody to join me because independence is the
biggest gift you can give yourself, and it doesn't actually cost anything
besides time.

Thanks,
Anthony