VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Peter Meijer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 02:44:13 -0500
Nelson Blachman wrote

> I'm writing to ask if there's any device on the market at a reasonable
> price that could serve to tell me quickly which side of a sheet of paper
is
> printed so that I can put it on my scanner the right way on my first try.

Apart from the devices already mentioned, you might consider using
The vOICe software, which supports most TWAIN compliant scanners
along with most webcams. If you press Control q with this software,
it will try to acquire a scan and sonify it so that you can hear
your page layout and hear whether the page contains any print or
graphics or whatever.

The software is available for free for personal use from the web
page

   Seeing with Sound - The vOICe
   http://www.seeingwithsound.com/winvoice.htm

Best wishes,