VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 06:45:26 -0400
7bit
From:
Bill McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,

You might be interested in a device called the OPTACON:  Optical to Tactile
Converter.  I am totally blind and I use my OPTACON to read all kinds of
printed material.  Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, the OPTACON,
which was first manufactured in the early 1970's, is no longer produced.  I
have a few used units available for sale.  I acquired these a while ago to
use for spare parts but I could part with one or two and still be covered.

You, may contact me directly at [log in to unmask]

Regards,
Bill

Dancing Dots
www.dancingdots.com