Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Roger Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:09:27 -0500
Hi Andre,

I had an AMD K6 2 that did exactly the same thing. The motherboard was replaced as it was found to be faulty, but the reboots still occurred, though less frequently. I found that the issue was due to an overheating CPU.

I resolved the problem by downloading and installing "Rain" from http://www.benchtest.com/rain.html and never had another incident of random reboot.

There's a great article on heat issues with CPU's here: http://www.hyperformance-pc.com/CoolingTips.htm

Rain only works on Win85 & 98 (SE), not sure about ME. It does not support Durons, Athlons and P4's.

If you have one of these newer processors then you might like to consider an additional fan or two in your case. We found that works best for dua
l SCSI drives.

>There is a computer that reboots alone.  I could be on the internet or not,
>working in word or excel, the computer reboots alone.  What could triger
>Win98se to do that?  Could it be the power supply, or windows 98se itself or
>both?

Regards Roger Griffiths.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com