Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jess Brazil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:00:35 +0800
Friend of mine installed MS Office XP. She tried defrag after doing so. It
kept restarting too. Even after defrag, she noticed the HD led that kept
blinking... meaning HD read even when she leaves the computer alone.

I tried messing around with her computer and i found this registry file that
was executed during startup... MOSEARCH.EXE. Disabled it and the constant HD
read was gone. Looked into her office XP setup and found this feature that
was installed... FAST SEARCH at the end of the list. I think this was the
culprit! No constant HD reads so far. Defrag runs continuously too.

Hope this helps.

Jess Brazil