Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:52:22 -0400
Jeff, already tried everything you suggest except system file checker.  Have confirmed questionable NIC to be functional in another PC.  Have removed/reinstalled tcp/ip stack numerous times (even went so far as to use different install media source).  Have reformatted drive once to no avail.  Have not tried another NIC in problem PC as that would entail borrowing one from another PC and I need them all this weekend for a LAN party.  I intend to try that maybe Sunday night.  Thanks.

Ian Carmichael
NYC

  simplify to solve problem ....delete your tcp/ip stack and reinstall it....try a new nic in the problem pc.....establish lan connectivity first the internet connectivity second....with winipcfg i would delete it and try to copy it from another machine....after repairing winipcfg check the problem pc for dhcp assigned ip address
  ip should be 192.168.0.whatever(unique).... try to use system file checker to repair files... If that doesn't work format c: does something magic

  Jeff Murray