Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:50:02 -0400
I have had this problem on various machines.
Windows plug and play is having trouble
with the enumeration of your hardware.
It is even worse if the hardware is "close"
but not close enough to know it is wrong.
Sometimes you can overcome it, and lots
of times you can not.
If you have a simple system, I agree with
Chuck - generally.
You can spend more time trying to
patch it up than starting from scratch.

If your system has lots of data and not too much clutter,
you could always try one of the less aggressive ways
of re-installing Windows, like on top of itself, or
re-naming the Windows directory and doing a new
default install... Either of these has risks, and be sure
to have your driver disks and programs ready just in case
for "over the top" and for sure with a re-name of Windows.
If you are only getting to safe mode now, you certainly
need to try something!         Rick Glazier