C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:06:57 EST
Hi Jenn,

I admit I am a little bit confused here. I would have thought that they did
find a reduction in your spastic tone with the ITB trial if you were not in
pain. I am sorry that they are giving you the run-around about all of this.
Maybe they will change their minds when they see you living in pain for the
time you are in the hospital for the 3-days and when you are not in pain.
That alone should help them to decide to insert the pump for you.

As for school, maybe you should take the semester off to recuperate and
recover from all of this trauma? I would and have done so. I took care of my
mother the last two years of her life while going to school. It was school
that was keeping me "sane" and in one piece, however, I really couldn't put
my full heart into it being so worried about my mother's situation. I did
drop out of my math classes because I just couldn't keep up with it while
under that kind of stress. I was trying for Pre-Calcalus. However, I did tell
my teachers from the first week what was really going on with me and my
personal life so that I could get the "W" if it was needed. All of my
teachers understood for the most part and were willing to have me in their
class even though they knew that I could leave at any point if necessary. I
came to class and tried to follow along but I just couldn't do the work. My
mother needed and wanted my attention so I gave it to her. No regrets at all
for doing that. :-) However, after I finished my AA, I did take a couple of
years off to destress and stuff. Now, I am back in school working towards my
BA in Psych. Just letting you know that sometimes it is better to take off
and regroup yourself and think what it is that you are aiming for. Right now,
I do think that your health is more important.

Sending hugs and prayers your way,

Dina