C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dave Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:11:39 -0600
"I Am Sam" Gets It Right
A review by Dave Reynolds, Inclusion Daily Express
January 23, 2002

This past weekend, I caught the sneak preview of "I am Sam".

I liked it. A lot.

This movie gives as accurate a portrayal as you will ever find of a parent
with a disability caught in the legal and social service systems. It is also
a movie that explores deeply and with humor what it means to be a "good"
parent -- and an authentic human being.

What impact will this movie likely have on the viewers' attitudes toward
people with developmental disabilities, particularly those who are parents?

Read my entire review at this Inclusion Daily Express webpage:
http://www.InclusionDaily.com/news/special/iamsam.htm
---
Forwarded to this list by:
Dave Reynolds, Editor
Inclusion Daily Express / Inclusion Weekly Review
Disability Rights Email News Service
http://www.InclusionDaily.com

A service of
Inonit Publishing