C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:46:11 -0500
7bit
From:
Marilyn Zamarripa <[log in to unmask]>
This is 100% my daughter, National Honor Society, AP classes, and a "C"
math student with Geometry being the biggest issue due to visual
perception.  She has had aids/teachers/me sit down with geometry and
either "flatten" 3-D objects or talk her thru the diagram or write for
her.  Her HS Geometry teacher was extremely not helpful or
understanding, resulting in my daughter near failing.  A quick change to
a more understanding and helpful teacher saved her grade! She originally
did not want to change ... stick it thru and not use her disability, but
she did not want to fail and recognize help was needed. She had some
geometry in Algebra I with a great teacher and had no problems and her
Algebra II teacher does not make her do the graphs. There is also
geometry software ... can't remember it right off.  She did not use it
because her original teacher was not computer oriented and the second
helped her thru the rest of the class.

Marilyn