C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:40:13 EST
In a message dated 1/12/2002 2:37:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Rayna and Betty
>
>     Sometimes the glass is half full or half empty. On the half full side
> is
> the fact
> that our surviving in the world is enough to irritate the bigots. There has
> to be some satisfaction in that!!! As Jimmy Hoffa said, "Illegitimi non
> carborundum" (don't let the bast**rds grind you down) .
>
> Bobby

Jimmy Hoffa said that?  He would have been proud to know that it was a sign
on my desk for a time.  In my version, it's "get" you down.  Same difference
though, no?

Somebody told me the other day that I was being unfair to society, generally
speaking.  Upon reflection, I find that this person is correct in her
assessment.

Beginning tomorrow, I shall start being more fair.  Perhaps Alexandria
business that are inaccessible, yet are proudly waving the US flag, are good
places to start being fair.

In fact, a letter to the Mayor of Alexandria might be the best place to begin
the fairness.

Dear Mr. Mayor:

I am writing to tell you who I am, and of my plans to be as fair to these
businesses as I possibly can, and to thank you for the support you are going
to be giving me in my relentless quest to cause them to come into compliance
with federal law.

As I am sure you are aware (being Mayor and all), any society that chooses
the laws it will obey is in at least some state of anarchy.

We mustn't have this, must we?

We must not. We cannot. We shall not.  Togather, Mr. Mayor, you and I will
make this city one of international acclaim.  Or, I can do it by myself.

Either way though, Mr. Mayor sir, it's gonna get did.

Respectfully and fairly,

Betty Alfred

Oh yes, I have only begun to be fair.  The past few years were just for
research and some yellin.'

Never rile anyone who subscribes to the definition of "automatic order."

Betty