C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:39:14 -0600
Unfortunately, I had that very same fear of independence myself and I
remember when I was in high school they had an independent living goal
written in my IEP, but however now remembering how they acted in my
meetings, they were somewhat making it look like a big challenge to find
ways I could help myself.  They were having me believing that I could do
almost nothing, and that's why I'm happy and so excited now, I have shown
everybody and including myself, that belief was totally false.  About my
washer and dryer, they're from REX which is a general appliance  store but
Sears, Best Buy and any other appliance store usually has them right on the
floor too or they can order in since its from GE.  However we built a
platform about 6-8 (depending on how tall you sit in your wheelchair) inches
high so I can have easier access to them.   If you do get one, I would
measure how tall you sit so you can build the platform perfect for your
height.

Thanks,
Anthony